Friday, January 15, 2016

Leo Diamond - Snuggled On Your Shoulder (1957)

 First hearing about Leo Diamond in the Incredibly Strange Music book, I knew I probably shouldn't pass up any record of his I could find. Hell, this one's great for the cover alone!

Well, this might night be as exciting as his more experimental Ferrante & Teicher-esque harmonica LP's, or as fun as his early works with Borrah Minnevitch's Harmonica Rascals... which I'm sure I'll get around to posting LP's of in future blogs... But, this is solid, sweet and atmospheric lounge.

I'm sick right now, and my throat is killing me. So plopping on the couch with a cup of Earl Grey, a cat and Leo Diamond's music on the Hi-Fi is the perfect way to spend my Friday night. Enjoy!

Download album here!


No comments:

Post a Comment