Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Warped 78's

Okay so I acquired a lot of records this weekend... as in a "lot" of records, not "a lot" of records... however, this "lot" was "a lot," but I digress... any who, it ended up being a crate of country LP's, a crate of jazz LP's and a crate of 78's primarily acoustic era (early 1900's-1910's) BUT... in the crate, was a collection of klezmer, yiddish and Jewish 78's that had warped in the sun.

Luckily I found this youtube video on how to flatten 78's with a hairdryer... so, I am going to test it out and hopefully it works. I already broke one trying to flatten it with a book and light pressure... and two more were immediately thrown away because they were beyond the point of no return.

Here's the vid, wish me luck.


If it works, I'll make a comp of some of the better ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment